- Wheat flour – 3 cups
- Potatoes – 2
- Red Onion – 2
- Ginger – Small piece
- Garlic gloves – 6 to 7
- Chilli powder – 3 tsp
- Cumin seed powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – Required
- Oil – Required
How to Prepare
Total Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
- First boil the potatoes until potatoes get soft, drain the water and cool it for few minutes.
- Then take a pan, add 3 cup of Wheat flour, required salt and required amount of water to make chappathi dough
- After adding them, mix them well by your hand and make as a dough then marinate the dough for few minutes
- Grate ginger, garlics and chop the onions, peel the skin of the potatoes, cut them into pieces and mash them well
- Heats up the pan then add oil.
- Once oil gets heated up, add chopped onions, ginger and garlics one by one and cook them well until the raw smell goes off
- Add salt, chilly powder, cumin seed powder and mashed potatoes and then mix it well (this is the potato masala).
- Take the chappathi dough, split them into small balls, we can make 11-13 balls using this dough
- Roll this small balls into round shapes like chappathi then keep the small amount of aloo masala inside it, close it and make this dough like a ball
- Again roll this aloo chappathi ball into round shape carefully without the aloo masala comes out
- Keep the dosa or chappathi tawa in medium flame, apply little amount of oil and spread it well
- After oil gets heated up, lay around the round shaped aloo chappathi dough and cook it for 3-4 minutes
- After that turn the chappathi to other side and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Now the Aloo Chappathi is ready to serve.
Good to Serve with
Cook with medium oil and perfectly roasted chappathi may give you health benefits. It is good for healthy skin and gives you the high energy preferred after workout.
Wheat grains are discovered in Mohenjo-daro civilization and in most of the Indus valley civilization. Paratha and Rotti are invented in this ages at Indian sub-continents and also in SriLanka, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh.